2020 ESY PRESCHOOL Summer School program
The GPS Summer school program is proud to offer a 5-week program aligning the CT Early Learning and Development Standards using the “Project Approach,” which focuses on student driven learning and developmentally appropriate language and skills.
Down on the Farm
Students will develop pre readiness skills in the areas of letters, colors, number recognition, comparing sizes, sorting and sequencing events of a story. These skills will be taught through fun farm books that help build strong vocabulary skills. Concepts to be learned through this unit will be identifying a character from a story, retelling events from a story and being able to answer simple “wh” questions.
- Who are the characters?
- Where is the setting?
- What are the problems and the solution in the story?
Down by The Bay
Come with us as we explore the world around and under the bay. Students will learn about a variety of bay creatures through the use of our five senses. Concepts to be learned through
this unit will be:
- Understanding spatial concepts
- Identifying animals and plant related life that live in the bay
- Understanding how our 5 senses help us to experience the world around us.
- What do you see, hear, smell, taste and touch at the bay?
- How do animals and plants live at the bay?
Students are eligible to apply for entrance to the GPS Summer Preschool Program with birth dates between July 1, 2017 and Dec 31, 2015