Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC)
What is the Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC)?
The purpose of a Special Education Advisory Council is to build full, equal and equitable partnerships between families, the school District and community partners, on a council that gives advisory opinions to the Board of Education on matters pertaining to the education and safety of students with disabilities.
Please note that general membership is open to any interested GPS parent or guardian of a child with a disability, previously known to have a disability, or suspected of having a disability, under the IDEA or Section 504, or who is currently eligible to receive Special Education or 504 accommodations and services, from ages 3-21, and who are both residents of the Town of Greenwich.
If you would like to be part of the Greenwich SEAC's general membership, please complete this short form to add your email to the distribution list. For the purpose of confidentiality, the GPS does not share the email addresses of families receiving special education services with the Greenwich SEAC. Therefore, all Greenwich SEAC mailings will be distributed by the Superintendent on behalf of the Greenwich SEAC.
Below are the current members of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC). These voting members were selected at random from a list of interested applicants. Members represent a broad range of perspectives.
- Robyn Baldwin, Preschool Parent
- Katie Nogaki, Elementary School Parent
- Patricia Minicozzi, Elementary School Parent
- Dawn Zimmerman, Elementary School Parent
- Leah Thornton, Middle School Parent
- Katie Bistrian, Middle School Parent
- Kimberly O'Donnell, Middle School Parent
- Genice Mark, High School Parent
- Kathy Walker, High School Parent
- Don McGuire, High School Parent
- Michael-Joseph Mercanti-Anthony, Community Member
- Abby Anders, General Education Teacher, GPS
- Jennifer DiCarlo, General Education Teacher, GPS
- Danielle Green, General Education Teacher, GPS
- Virginia Plath-Kelly, Special Education Teacher, GPS
- Susan Keating, Special Education Teacher, GPS
- Erin Montague, Guidance Counselor, GPS
- Jennifer Donat, Literary Specialist, GPS
- Sarah Obuchowski, Administration, GPS
- Audra O'Donovan, Founding Member
- Jennifer Kutai, Founding Member
- Caroline Lerum, Founding Member
Non-Voting Contributing Members:
- Dr. Toni Jones, Superintendent, Greenwich Public Schools
- Mary Forde, Chief Pupil Personnel Services Officer, Greenwich Public Schools
- Karen Hirsh, Greenwich Board of Education
- Karen Kowalski, Greenwich Board of Education
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/491608931