Preschool Application Process
GPS Preschool Lottery Applications for 2023-2024 may be submitted through February 28, 2023.
You will be notified of your lottery result by March 31, 2023.
Age Eligibility for Typical Students
Students who will turn 3 years old but will NOT turn 5 years old by December 31, 2023 are eligible to apply for entrance to the GPS Preschool Program. Entrance into the program is based on a lottery.
- The online lottery application must be completed for all new students whose parents wish to apply to the Greenwich Public Schools Preschool Program. Students currently attending the Greenwich Public Schools Preschool Program who are eligible to attend preschool for another year DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
- Please indicate which age/gender lottery you are entering for your child based on their age as of December 31, 2023. There are four (4) separate lotteries: 3 year old female, 3 year old male, 4 year old female, 4 year old male
- There are Preschool classrooms located at the following schools: Hamilton Avenue (magnet), Julian Curtiss (magnet), New Lebanon (magnet), North Street School, Old Greenwich School, please note that site location can not be guaranteed.
- Please indicate your rank order preference among the five preschool locations: Julian Curtiss, New Lebanon, Hamilton Avenue, North Street, Old Greenwich. Please also indicate any locations which you are not interested in.
- Students will be accepted into schools based on maintaining balanced classes (age and gender). Please note, town residents and employees are eligible to attend however town residents will have priority over town employees. For Hamilton Avenue, Julian Curtiss, and New Lebanon schools,
- First priority will be given to students whose siblings attend as K-4 magnet students respectively.
- Second priority for placement will be given to students whose siblings attend Hamilton Avenue, Julian Curtiss, and New Lebanon as a K-4 resident.
- Remaining spaces will be allocated based on maintaining the gender/age balance of each class.
- If more than one child in a family is applying to the preschool program, each child must complete a separate lottery application. There is no guarantee that all children applying from one family will be accepted.
- Parents will be contacted if/when they receive a placement in one of our preschool classes. You may be contacted up until August for placement due to ongoing enrollment.
- You will have 5 days to provide payment information to confirm your child’s acceptance in the preschool program.
- A waitlist will be maintained based on age and gender. If you decline your initial placement you will be removed from the waitlist for any school.
- 2023-2024 Tuition Rates
If you have a child who is currently receiving B23 services and has a birthdate within the months of September through December, please reach out to Lori Costa, Preschool Intake Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin the application process. You will be asked to provide B23 records, which will be reviewed before entering the lottery.
If you have any additional questions, you may call the Preschool Office at 203-698-7796