Greenwich Public Schools is committed to providing the optimal learning experiences to all learners. During the days of unexpected, yet necessary closure, GPS will provide opportunities for Distance Learning. Distance Learning will require students to access offline and online instructional opportunities from home or elsewhere in order to maintain instruction during unplanned school closures and the opportunity to continue the learning process.
Here are some tips to help you support your child during Distance Learning:
- Establish routines and expectations to maintain a familiar rhythm of the day. Use the Greenwich Distance Learning Student Checklist to support your learners at home.
- Balance screen time and non-screen time activities.
- Students should take brain breaks and move regularly as they engage in the activities and study.
- Discuss what your child is learning and ask questions.
- Establish times for quiet and reflection.
- Remain mindful of your child’s stress.
Superintendent Jones is sending regular updates to the GPS Community. Dr. Jones' messages are archived on the Health Services page.