The K-8 Seamless Summer Learning Playlists are designed specifically to promote choice and anytime-anywhere access for all students throughout the summer months. Learners can choose from the extensive lists of self-directed activities focused on practicing and deepening students' knowledge of reading, writing, languages, social studies, science, math, and the arts.
Whether your child has a school-issued device or is accessing the resources from any web-enabled device, all students will be able to participate in the programming available for summer learning.
Purpose of Seamless Summer Learning Experiences:
- Provides access to familiar GPS digital tools and resources (app or web-based) in all content areas
- Provides a digital library of titles to support student choice and "just right" reading
- Participation has the potential to lessen "summer learning loss"
- Provides optional and engaging learning experiences throughout the summer
Participation in Summer Reading directly impacts student achievement.
- Recent research confirms that students who do not read or engage in meaningful thinking activities can lose up to 30% of progress gained during their school year.
- The good news is that the research also shows that students who engage in reading book offerings, discussing books, and offering opportunities to have books read aloud or read-along counteracts any possible summer slide.
Establishing a habit of lifelong reading early and nurturing it throughout our children’s school years is critical to a child’s success in life.
We strongly encourage all parents to explore the GPS Summer Reading resources.
Greenwich High School creates and publishes content- and course-specific summer assignments to help lessen summer learning loss.
These assignments can be found by visiting Greenwich High School Summer Assignments.