Skip To Main Content


Thank you for inquiring about educating your child(ren) at home. The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) provides guidance to school districts pertaining to the duties of parents and boards of education.

A parent who wishes to educate his/her child at home must demonstrate that their children are receiving equivalent instruction elsewhere by filing a Notice of Intent form for each year that they intend to educate the child at home.

Download the Notice of Intent form or call Maria Keresey at the Board of Education at (203)-625-7427.

Important Documents:

Additional information from the Connecticut State Department of Education on Homeschooling.