The Parkway community is so fortunate to have so many talented, energetic and dedicated parents who keep our PTA events and activities exciting and successful year after year. It is because of all of our parent volunteers that our PTA can make each child's experience here at Parkway even more special and enriched. Please share your time and talents with the Parkway PTA. The volunteer opportunities are endless and the time and work commitments are flexible.
PTA VOLUNTEER CONTACT: Annette Schuster
* Liaison between teacher and parents when needed
* Set-up social events for the class
* Help contact parents in case of inclement weather
BOOKS AND BAGELS
* Set-up for the event (usually after school the day before)
* Clean-up and break-down after the event
* Assist with serving the food
* Co-chair event
* Help with planning, themes and ideas
* Marketing, auction and accounting help
* On site volunteers the night of the fundraiser
* Organize international night food, tables, displays and games
* Help teach culture in the classroom
* Update the world map in the Cafeteria
* Plan activities for UN day and Native American Week
* Admissions desk attendant
* Snack/food coordinator
WILLING TO HELP WHEN NEEDED
* For those people who do not want to commit to a particular event but would like to be contacted when we need help. We promise not to call too much!
* Assist student and parents with purchases on a weekly basis - days TBD from 8:25am-8:50am
* Help with theme development, planning, cover design, page layouts, proofreading or picture-taking. Also, keeping track of orders and/or help distributing books at the end of the year.
OUTSIDE SCHOOL DISPLAY SIGN
* Keep outdoor sign in front of school up-to-date with current happenings
* Help plan and create bulletin boards around school.
*Help coordinating field trips, assemblies, enrichment activities, field/arts day.
*Help administer WW tests each month and track progress of participants
* Help develop, plan and execute an academic-focused evening for Parkway families with themes like literature or STEAM.
* Help develop, plan, organize sustainability programming, including Green Week at Parkway.
* Help create outdoor learning opportunities; liase with Audubon Society for educational programs in pollinator garden and trail; help coordinate tick maintenance for trail; help maintain woodland trail and pollinator garden.
*Help with set-up and break-down, reshelving of books, or serve as cashier or bagger.