Who Should Join the PTA?
You! We want and need all our Parkway parents to become members of the Parkway PTA. Our goal is 100% parent-body membership!
While we encourage all PTA members to volunteer in some capacity, it is not a requirement of membership. If you are unable to provide a financial contribution but want to be involved, pleasereach out to the PTA; we always need volunteers!
The Parkway PTA fundraising helps the school to acquire many key resources, enrichment programs, events and experiences as well as purchasing technology and other school-wide or classroom necessities. Here are some of the past offerings made possible by your MEMBERSHIP DOLLARS and other generous DONATIONS made throughout the school year:
Assemblies* Books & Bagels * Music on the Menu * Book Fair * Field Trips * Health & Wellness Activities * STEAM Programming * Outdoor Classroom & Trail * Parkway Play * Fall Festival * Back-to-School Party * End-of-Year Party * Ice Skating Party * Teacher Appreciation Week * Math Superstars * Wordly Wise * International Night * Birthday Books * Afters Programming * Academic Nights * Pollinator Garden * Recycling Training * Earth Night * Parkway Ranger Program * Animal Embassy Events * High Touch/High Tech Visits * CT Science Center Visits * Bruce Museum's BruceMobile * Yearbook * School Store * Gymnasium Climbing Wall * 3D Printers * Classroom Rugs * The Learning Commons Furniture * Makers' Space/STEAM Learning Tools * Supplemental iPad Education Software* Water Fountain Filters and Filling Stations
Why should you join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parkway PTA is to benefit your child, and in doing so, you help your child's school. Research shows that children perform better when parents are involved at home and in school (ref). But there are many other reasons to become a member of the Parkway PTA:
· Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's going on at Parkway than to join the PTA. You will be first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making, and you will get to know teachers and administrators on a familiar basis.
· Parent Network. Meet other Parkway parents who share a common goal of improving the school for our children. PTA activities, events and volunteering provides opportunities for you to connect with other Parkway parents and Parkway teachers and administrators, as well as to share ideas, concerns and experiences.
· Change-Making. Your voice and opinions matter! Vote for what you think is important (how the money is spent) and who should be on the PTA board. By getting involved at Parkway, you will become a part of the solution, helping to make positive changes at Parkway.
· Volunteering. By volunteering with the PTA, you put your skills to use for a noble cause. You can do as much or as little as you want. Project responsibilities are flexible and can be adjusted to fit with your time constraints.
· SWAG. As a token of our thanks to you, you will receive Parkway SWAG in appreciation of your membership. Incentives are tiered by donation level.
· Support. Being a member not only shows your child you support and value their education and school, it is also becoming increasingly important as public schools become more dependent on PTA funds to underwrite supplemental curriculum enrichment programs for our children, to provide teachers and administrators with the tools needed to educate our children and keep them competitive in our rapidly changing world, and creating a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school and community.
· It's Fun! You will help plan events, socials and get-togethers that families in our Parkway community can attend.