The Parkway PTA is responsible for providing and underwriting a myriad of special programs, activities, events and experiences as well as purchasing technology and other school-wide or classroom necessities. Your MEMBERSHIP DOLLARS and other generous DONATIONS made throughout the school year enable our PTA to supplement and enrich our children's educational programming and elementary school experience.
The following are only some of the PTA offerings:Assemblies * Books & Bagels * Music on the Menu * Book Fair * Field Trips * Health & Wellness Activities * STEAM Programming * Outdoor Classroom & Trail * Parkway Play * Fall Festival * Back-to-School Party * End-of-Year Party * Ice Skating Party * Teacher Appreciation Week * Math Superstars * Wordly Wise * International Night * Birthday Books * Afters Programming * Academic Nights * Pollinator Garden * Recycling Training * Earth Night * Parkway Ranger Program * Animal Embassy Events * High Touch/High Tech Visits * CT Science Center Visits * Bruce Museum's BruceMobile * Yearbook * School Store * Gymnasium Climbing Wall * 3D Printers * Classroom Rugs * The Learning Commons Furniture * Makers' Space/STEAM Learning Tools * Supplemental iPad Education Software * Water Fountain Filters and Filling Stations
Why should you join the PTA? The number one reason to join the Parkway PTA is to benefit your child, and in doing so, you help your child's school. Taking an active role in your children's school is critical to their success! But there are many other reasons to become a member of the Parkway PTA:
* Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's going on at Parkway than to join the PTA. You will be first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making, and you will get to know teachers and administrators on a familiar basis.
* Parent Network. Meet other Parkway parents who share a common goal of improving the school for our children. PTA activities, events and volunteering provide a opportunities for you to connect with other Parkway parents and Parkway teachers and administrators, as well as to share ideas, concerns and experiences.
* Volunteering. By volunteering with the PTA, you put your skills to use for a noble cause - your child and all of the children in the Parkway community. By no means do you have to make the PTA a full-time job to make a difference. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved in the PTA. Project responsibilities are flexible and can be adjusted to fit with your time constraints.
* Change-Making. Your voice and opinions matter! By getting involved at Parkway, you will become a part of the solution, helping to make positive changes at Parkway.
* Support. Public schools are becoming more and more dependent on PTA funds to underwrite supplemental curriculum enrichment programs for our children, to provide teachers and administrators with the tools needed to educate our children and keep them competitive in our rapidly changing world, and creating a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school and community.* It's Fun! You will help plan events, socials and get-togethers that families in our Parkway community can attend.