For School Closings, Delays, & Early Release Info
Do not rely on any ONE form of communication for information
related to school closings, delays and/or early release.
Please check phone, email, web, television and/or radio
in anticipation of any changes of opening status for schools.
*The following methods of communication will be used for notification of school closures and delayed openings:
- - GPS Web Site: www.greenwichschools.org
- - CT Weather Web Site: www.ctweather.com, click on IAN Cancellations or follow link on GPS web site
- - District ParentLink: The District will use the ParentLink electronic telephone communication system to call the primary number for each family at approximately 6:00 AM.
- - Radio: local and regional stations
- - Television: Cablevision Channel News 12 and other local and regional stations
The Greenwich Public Schools use a multi-channel communication plan to provide weather-related closing and delayed opening announcements and other emergency notifications. It is important to monitor multiple sources for emergency information. Please review the District’s emergency alert plan.