2020-2021 GHS Care for Self and Others Promise:
In making this promise, I will do my part at GHS to protect the health and safety of myself and those around me.
During this COVID-19 pandemic:
- I will wear a mask whenever I am in public, anywhere in the GHS facility/grounds.
- I will maintain at least six feet of physical distancing from others whenever possible.
- I will wash my hands often — for at least 20 seconds — and use hand sanitizer frequently.
I will follow GHS rules regarding:
- Gathering as a group, pedestrian traffic patterns in all corridors and staircases.
- Student Center and house offices.
- Other new regulations designed to promote safety and good health.
- I will monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms using the GPS Self Checklist and inform the Nurse’s office and my health care provider regarding any changes in my health status.
- I will commit to medical isolation, quarantine, or other medical direction when advised to do so by a healthcare provider.
We are ONE GHS Community
Driven by our Mission & Norms
The Office of Student Life:
The Office of Student Life consists of the Dean of Student Life, 5 Assistant Deans, one for each House, the Director of Student Activities, and the School Resource Officer.
Our vision is to support the capacities of the Vision of the Graduate and our overall school goals. We seek to develop a school culture that is guided by common values and behavioral norms. We are guided through the principals of Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining a safe and effective school. Emphasis is placed on the prevention of problem behaviors and development of pro-social skills in addressing behavioral concerns.
GPS District Norms:
- Be Here
- Be Safe
- Be Honest
- Care for Self and Others
- Let Go and Move On
Celebrate the individuals that make GHS such a wonderful place! Submit the names of some of the amazing students, teachers and staff at GHS for recognition for making our School Norms a reality.
- Students who are connected to the school community take greater ownership of the decisions they make.
- When student behavior is positive, students will experience academic success.
- When students experience academic success, they will exhibit positive behaviors.
- GHS actively promotes and explicitly teach common values and behavioral norms.