Registration for winter sports begins October 15. Read the information below to find out more about the registration process.
All new and returning student-athletes must register with a parent/guardian on the GHS Athletics website prior to tryouts or participation. Please register early, as it will take 24-48 hours for the Health Office to process your registration. You may only register for one sport each season. There is no cost to register.
Registration generally takes 10-15 minutes. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to do the following:
- Provide emergency contact information
- Provide contact information of physician and dentist
- Provide a current Physical Exam for Sports Participation Form to the Health Office
- Provide a COVID-19 Return to Play Screening for Students (only required if student tested positive in the past year)
- Review the Athletic Code of Conduct
- Review the Concussion Informed Consent
- Review the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Informed Consent
- Review the Notice of Risks, Informed Consent and Waiver Regarding Interscholastic Sports During Covid-19
About the Physical Exam for Sports Participation:
A student athlete must file a Physical Exam for Sports Participation Form with the Greenwich High School Health Office prior to participation. The form has 2 pages - one is completed by the parent/guardian, and the other is completed by the student's physician. An athletic physical is good for 13 months and must be valid at the time of tryouts and throughout the season.
The form requires that you disclose past COVID-19 positive test results. If the athlete has tested positive in the last year the COVID-19 Return to Play Screening for Students form must be completed by your primary care physician and submitted to the Health Office in order to participate.
Sports physical forms can be found on the Greenwich Public Schools Health Forms and Immunizations page. You will receive notice that your request/form has been received, and if there is need for additional information.
If you are unsure whether your prior year sports form is still current email the Health Office.