College and Career Center
College and Career Center Programs
- College Admissions Workshops for seniors (fall) and juniors (spring)
- Individual appointments: Juniors may make appointments in the spring after they have their individual planning meeting with their School Counselor, and seniors may make appointments in the fall.
- Career & Technical School Fair: Each spring we host representatives from schools and colleges offering career-focused associate degree, licensure and certificate programs.
- ASVAB: Each spring we administer the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery to interested students ages 16-25.
- Senior Internship Program
The College and Career Center is a resource for students and families to assist with post-high school planning. It is located in the media center and the hours are 8:00-3:15.
To make an appointment to see Mrs. Lochridge, please come to the College and Career Center to sign up for a time in her appointment book.
Mrs. Alison Lochridge
College & Career Counselor
Mrs. Debra Olesen
College Representative Visits
- Each year, approximately 200 colleges hold information sessions at GHS for interested students.
- Students: Check Naviance or our weekly newsletter the College and Career Update (links below) for upcoming visits.
- College representatives: Book a school visit through RepVisits or by contacting Mrs. Lewis at the email address listed above.
Resources for Students
- The College Book contains yearly college admissions data for GHS students. This is available to check out over night in the GHS media center or the town libraries.
- College guidebooks, SAT and ACT prep books and numerous reference books for students to access.
- Scholarships applications are available in the College and Career Center. Check the weekly CC Update for scholarship opportunities.
Our weekly guidance newsletter, the College & Career Update, contains timely and important information about college admissions rep and military recruiter visits, college info sessions and open houses, scholarships, Guidance Department announcements, and other opportunities
you don't want to miss!
Our Annual College Night was cancelled due to COVID restrictions. We hope to be back to normal by next year!
- Take career interest inventories to explore possible career interests on Naviance.
- Search for majors and careers on College Board website.
- Research careers in the Occupational Outlook Handbook-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Join a club, volunteer in the community or consider job shadowing and internship experiences to expose yourself to different careers throughout high school.
- Visit the PTA Student Employment page for part-time work and community service opportunities.
- Discuss GHS elective course options each year with your counselor.
- Participate in the Senior Options program.