Chromebooks at School
Fall Rollout Information
Each grade will be participating in multiple digital citizenship lessons, covering responsible and ethical use, information privacy and security, cyberbullying, appropriate communication, and online reputation/digital footprint. This includes the Responsible Use for Chromebook (grade 6) and the Responsible Use for Chromebook (grades 7 and 8) document which explains expectations.
After the digital citizenship lessons, 6th grade will have a "rollout day" where the student devices will be handed out and each academic class period will be spent teaching and reviewing basic use and care of the device, including the Chrome browser, Google Apps for Education, Schoology, Aspen, and features of the device itself. In addition, 7th and 8th grades will use Advisor Base time to review the basics as well.
Teachers are being asked to incorporate appropriate elements of digital citizenship into their lessons throughout the year, as it is important to create mindful habits with these topics.
Parents should complete the Student Device Loan form located on the GPS Information Technology Forms webpage.
Click on the links below to open the FAQs:
- What device will my student receive?
- What are the replacement costs?
- What if we lose the charge cord?
- Does my student need a case or label?
- Is my child going to be online all day long?
- What are Schoology and Aspen?
- What are my responsibilities as a parent?
- Can we print from the chromebook at home?
- Are there any parent training links?