GPS Strategic Plan 2022-2027
The Greenwich Public Schools (GPS) 2022-2027 Strategic Plan, adopted by the Board of Education on February 2, 2023, is designed to achieve the Mission, Vision and Strategic Goals. Key Performance Indicators, Measures, and Targets Aligned to Each Goal Area are outlined in the adopted document.
Goal #1: Mastery of Reading
- Every student will meet their individual SBA growth target
- 4th Grade Mastery 90% of all students in 4th grade who have been with GPS for 5 or more years will be reading on grade level
- 8th Grade Mastery 92% of all students in 8th grade who have been with GPS for 5 or more years will be reading on grade level
Goal #2: Mastery of Mathematics
- Every student will meet their individual SBA growth target.
- Completion of Algebra I by 8th Grade Ensure 75% of all students, who have been with GPS for 5 or more years, successfully complete Algebra 1 by the end of the 8th grade.
- SBA Ensure 80% of students in Grades 3-8 score at or above Level 3
- SAT Ensure 80% of 11th grade students score at or above Level 3 on the CT School Day SAT
Goal #3: Graduation Rate
GHS will increase the graduation rate to 99%
Goal #4: Increase Family and Community Engagement
Families will feel a stronger sense of connection & support from GPS PK – 12+ Collaborate and communicate with families and the community to build stronger relationships and increase opportunities that help students and families thrive.
Goal #5: Increase Student Sense of Belonging
Stronger Connection to GPS Students will feel a stronger connection to GPS and feel as though they have a trusting adult to support them in all schools and at all educational levels.
Goal #6: Increase Positive Working Environment for Teachers and Staff
Use Professional learning to cultivate a responsive environment that meets the needs of all GPS Educators in order to continuously enhance teaching, extend learning and to support increased student outcomes. Strengthening staff well-being, professional support and connections amongst GPS colleagues will result in improved student engagement and achievement and a positive working environment.
To read more about the work of the Strategic Plan Committee and its earlier iterations, please visit the Strategic Plan Committee webpage.
2022 GPS Climate Survey Results
- 2022 GPS Family Survey
- 2022 GPS Student Survey (Elementary / Secondary)
- 2022 GPS District and School Improvement Survey - Teachers
- GPS State Report Card