New GPS Student Registration (K-12)
To start the registering your K-12 student with Greenwich Public Schools, you can:
1) use our new Online Registration System where you complete the questions online and upload documentation (note that this is best done on a desktop, laptop or tablet) NOTE: PreSchool registration is done differently. Please consult the PreSchool page.
2) or bring the completed Registration Package and supporting documents to the school, including
- Child's birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Two forms of proof of residency
Please call your school to make an appointment to bring your registration package in. (Unsure which is your neighborhood school? check GPS School Finder)
The package includes a checklist of all requirements including:
- Residency Forms (Forms A1, A2, A3, B)and required documentation
- Registration Forms (Forms C, D, E) and required supporting documentation
- Health and other forms – including a physical exam and record of immunizations
Any resident student who is new to Greenwich Public Schools must complete registration. If your resident student already attends GPS and is moving to Middle or High school, no new registration is required.
To enroll in kindergarten, a child must have reached the age of 5 on or before January 1 of his/her kindergarten year.
Although age 5 is the compulsory age for students to enter kindergarten, parents may choose to have their child wait until age 6, but they must sign the Acknowledgment of Option to Exempt Attendance form at the elementary school the child is districted for. They may decide again, when their child is 6, to have the child home for another year. By age 7, the child must attend school or be schooled at home.
- For additional information on Residency Verification, please refer to the Residency Verification page.
- Questions about Registration should be directed to your child's school office.
Town of Greenwich Immigration Resource Guide
The Town of Greenwich Immigration Resource Guide is intended to provide new members of our community and our country with help in navigating their new surroundings and in finding services, such as childcare, healthcare, employment, housing and legal services. These services will enable immigrants to lead healthy, safe, and productive lives in Connecticut or surrounding states.
GPS/Town of Greenwich Employee Application
Children of non-resident active employees of the Town of Greenwich are eligible to attend Greenwich Public Schools on a reduced, differentiated tuition basis. Employees must meet one of the following criteria to be considered eligible:
- Certified staff of GPS FTE of .5 or above receiving full benefits
- Non-certified staff of GPS FTE of 1.0 receiving full benefits
- Other Town employees FTE of 1.0 receiving full benefits
Students who attend Greenwich Public Schools on a tuition basis are subject to board policies detailed here in Tuition Students Regulation.
Tuition Applications for K-12 students for the 2023-2024 school year are open and due by April 1, 2023 for the 2023-24 school year. Submit your online application here with up to three school preferences. Placements will be made on a space available basis and notifications will be made in June 2023. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.