Kindergarten Orientation and Registration
Information for School Year 2020-2021
Kindergarten Spotlight (for parents): November 13, 2019
Kindergarten Orientation (for parents): March 9, 2020 (Snow Date: March 12, 2020) (*March 2 at NMS)
Kindergarten Registration (for parents): March 2020 (By appointment)
Kindergarten Visitation (for students): May 20, 2020 (Check with schools for times)
To enroll in kindergarten, a child must have reached the age of 5 on or before January 1 of his/her kindergarten year.
Although age 5 is the compulsory age for students to enter kindergarten, parents may choose to have their child wait until age 6, but they must sign a form at the Board of Education. They may decide again, when their child is 6, to have the child home for another year. By age 7, the child must attend school or be schooled at home.
New Student Registration (all grades)
Register at your child(ren)'s school(s).
Registration hours for parents/guardians are conducted during the school's normal operating hours. Call the school for best times or appointment.
To register your child, please bring the completed Registration Package and supporting documents, including
- Child's birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Two forms of proof of residency
- Residency Forms (Forms A1, A2, A3, B)and required documentation
- Registration Forms (Forms C, D, E) and required supporting documentation
- Health and other forms (Form F, G, H) – including a physical exam and record of immunizations
- For additional information on Residency Verification, please refer to the Residency Verification page.
- Questions about Registration should be directed to your child's school office.
Town of Greenwich Immigration Resource Guide
The Town of Greenwich Immigration Resource Guide is intended to provide new members of our community and our country with help in navigating their new surroundings and in finding services, such as childcare, healthcare, employment, housing and legal services. These services will enable immigrants to lead healthy, safe, and productive lives in Connecticut or surrounding states.