New GPS Family FAQ
Welcome to the Greenwich Public Schools!
- How do I register my child for school?
- What is the process for Residency Verification?
- How do I know which school my child will attend?
- What are the Health/Immunization Requirements for starting school?
- What is the process for transferring records from another District?
- I am moving from another country, how do I know which grade to register my child?
- Who do I contact if I need language translation support?
- If my child has special needs, or I believe my child may have special needs, what do I need to do?
- What is the school attendance policy?
- How will I know what my child needs to have or do to be ready to start school?
Secondary Grades: Children who apply for initial admission to the district's schools in grades 6 - 12 by transfer from other schools will be placed at the grade and course level they would have reached elsewhere according to prior records and/or observation and evaluation by classroom teachers, guidance personnel, and the school principal. After such observations and evaluations have been completed, the principal will determine the final grade and course placement of the children.
Once you are registered in the Greenwich Public Schools, your school Principal will provide you with the information necessary to be sure your child is prepared for school. All schools post Back-to-School information on their respective websites in mid-August prior to the start of school.