MEAL PRICES, MENUS, PAYMENT PROCEDURES, CHILDREN WITHOUT MONEY AND REFUND PROCEDURES 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- Elementary Breakfast - $2.00 (Available at Hamilton Avenue, Julian Curtiss and New Lebanon Schools)
- Elementary Lunch - $3.70 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
- Middle School Breakfast - $2.00 (Available at Central Middle School and Western Middle School)
- Middle School Lunch $3.85 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
- High School Breakfast - $2.70/ $3.20
- High School Lunch - $ 3.95 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
Teacher and Adult Meals are purchased a la carte
|Elementary School Menus||Middle School Menus||High School
|Plate Breakfast Options|
|A la Carte Menu|
Next Month's Menu
|A la Carte|
POINT OF SALE (POS) ACCOUNT DEPOSITS
Students will be expected to pay for meals at the time of service. Students have each been assigned a Student Meal Account and a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to allow only he/she access to the account. To activate the account for your student, you must deposit money into the account. We encourage students to use their accounts as it allows for less chance of lost lunch money, quicker service at lunch time. Any money left at the end of the school year will carry forward to next school year. Students moving to a new school will find the money left at the end of the year in their account at the new school!
Parents can make deposits to the account by making payments to the kitchen staff in one of three ways:
- Cash: accepted in any amount at any register at the school. If you choose to send cash daily, and not use the POS, you are less able to control your child’s spending and unlikely to identify allergies or food related concerns.
- Checks: must be written to "Town of Greenwich - School Lunch Fund" - We will return checks that are not completed correctly (postdated, no signature, no address, etc). Please use blue or black ink and include your child’s name (first and last) on the check as a reference.
- Online payment: Our account management software offers a parent portal through MySchoolBucks, a website for parents to manage their children’s accounts. Parents register at MySchoolBucks and can make payments directly to the child’s account using a credit card (there is a transaction fee of $2.49 for using a credit card which is explained on the website).
Our Point of Sale program works directly with MySchoolBucks to provide detailed information about your students’ accounts so you can view it FREE anytime! We strongly recommend that all parents sign into MySchoolBucks to access your child’s account information. From MySchoolBucks you can:
The MySchoolBucks Mobile App is now available for Android and iPhone.
Do it all with the convenience of a smart phone. It's easy! Start by downloading the MySchoolBucks App, searching for "MySchoolBucks" on Android's Google Play or the iPhone's App Store, then log in using your MySchoolBucks.com username and password. The MySchoolBucks App is free.
ACCOUNT BALANCE NOTIFICATION
Parents are ultimately responsible for maintaining an adequate balance in their students’ accounts. We encourage all parents to register on www.MySchoolBucks.com to be able to monitor their child’s account balance. To reduce problems at the register when your child’s account is very low or out of money, we will also automatically notify an elementary school parent with a low balance note sent home when a child’s account is at or below $10.00 or 5 lunches. Middle and High School students are told as they are going through the breakfast and lunch lines of low balances. Payment of cash or check should be brought to the kitchen staff upon arrival at school. Cashiers will apply the deposit to the account on that day.
CHILDREN WITHOUT MONEY
The Greenwich Food Services Department does not extend credit for children who have forgotten their lunch, forgot or lost their money or are out of money on their debit account. Children who fall into this category will be provided a lunch, free of charge, consisting of a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Sun Butter and Jelly Sandwich or a Cheese Sandwich served with Milk and Fruit. After a second consecutive day, the school office will be notified to contact the parent or guardian.
A. Pre K – Grade 11
To obtain a refund, a parent or guardian must submit a written request to the Food Services Office. After verification of account balance, the Town Treasurer will issue a refund check. Students permanently leaving the Public School system should submit a request within 90 days after withdrawal. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your refund.
B. Graduating Seniors
OPTION 1: If a graduating senior has a younger sibling in the Greenwich Public School System, a parent or guardian can submit a request to the Food Services Office to have those funds transferred to the designated sibling’s account. The request to transfer can be submitted up to 90 days after graduation.
OPTION 2: A parent or guardian may request a refund of monies in the account. To obtain a refund, a parent or guardian must submit a request to the Food Services Office within 90 days after graduation. After verification of account balance, the Town Treasurer will issue a refund check. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your refund.