Hamilton Avenue School Field Improvement Project
Neighboring property owners, members of RTM (Representative Town Meeting) District #3 and the broad school community have been advocating for improvements to the Hamilton Avenue School field for many years. The proposed Hamilton Avenue School Field Improvement Project scope includes repairs that were not completed at the end of the Hamilton Avenue School Building Project, specifically, leveling the playing field to decrease the current slope from 2nd base to the outfield, adding proper drainage, relocating the walking path and adding a paved surface for student play. On April 20, 2018, Administration and Neighborhood Representatives met to review the draft project plan and respond to neighbors’ inquiries about the efforts to obtain an interim appropriation which the Board of Education (BOE) first approved in December 2016.
Latest Update: Shared via the GPS Capital Projects Update Newsletter (June 14, 2021)
Tree planting by the Town of Greenwich Tree Conservancy was completed last Fall. Most recently, this Spring, field re-seeding and additional fertilizer was approved. Additionally, the field will be opened for the 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony, and then will be closed once again to allow for continued growth, and will be monitored throughout the Summer.
- GPS Capital Projects Update Newsletter
- Letter to Students, Parents, Staff and Neighbors regarding project update 5-7-20 (English)
- Environmental Soil Investigation at Hamilton Avenue School Greenwich, CT 7-31-19 MMI #5062-08-04
- Letter to Students, Parents, Staff and Neighbors regarding project update 6-21-19 (English | Spanish)
- Letter to Students, Parents, Staff and Neighbors regarding work on site 4-3-19 (English | Spanish)
- RTM Interim Appropriation Request/Project Proposal 1-22-19 *
- Board of Estimate and Taxation (BET) Interim Appropriation Request/Project Proposal 7-16-18
- BET Budget Committee Interim Appropriation Request/Project Proposal 7-12-18
- BOE Interim Request/Project Proposal (meeting video includes presentation by Milone & MacBroom) 5-31-18
- BOE Interim Request/Project Proposal 6-14-18
- *Additional RTM meeting materials and documents are available on the Town's RTM website