The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth announced the eighth annual Emerging Young Artists exhibition selections. Among the 87 works that are on display at this exhibition, five photography students from Greenwich High School were selected.
Student Selected for Exhibition:
- Isabelle Brett, Junior
- Nyhavn, Copenhagen, 2019 (Digital Photograph)
- Elizabeth (Ellie) Baxendale, Freshman
- Midday Vacancy, 2020 (Photograph)
- Mackenzie Boolbol, Junior
- The New November, 2020 (Digital Photograph)
- Emma Peck, Freshman
- Looking Upwards, 2020 (Digital Photography)
- Nicole Catalano, Junior
- Quarantined Easter in NYC, 2020 (Digital Photograph)
According to the 2021 Emerging Young Artists Exhibition, Dean of CVPA, A. Lawrence Jenkins selected the final works from a pool of over 400 submissions. Due to the pandemic, this year's exhibition will be displayed in an online gallery. Exhibition dates are: January 22 – February 6, 2021.Greenwich High School Photography Teacher Shekaiba Bennett shared, "I am very proud of my photography students and the high quality of photographs that they have created during this challenging time. Their acceptance to this juried exhibition is evidence not only of their artistic talents and efforts, but also of the importance of the arts at Greenwich High School."