- What is the Innovation Space?
- Who comes to the Innovation Space?
- What is available for students to do in the Innovation Space?
- Why an Innovation Space?
Cos Cob School's Innovation Space is part of the Library Learning Commons. It was made possible with a grant from the Greenwich Alliance as well as generous donations from Cos Cob families.
It is a place for students to create, design, code, learn, fail, experiment, find a new passion, try something new, and explore.
There is a wide variety of things for students to work on in the Innovation Space. In the Innovation Space we have:
- A Lego wall for students to build on
- A green screen wall
- 2 Tinkerine 3D printers (grades 3-5)
- Coding activities
- Robotics (Ozobots, Cubelets, BeeBots, Dash and Dot)
- Take apart station
- Unplugged activities (cardboard and paper construction, Perler beads, jewelry making, etc.)
- Construction (Legos, K'Nex, Magnatiles, and more)
- STEM Challenges
Cos Cob School's Innovation Space allows students to become "makers" while learning and applying the "soft skills" (cooperation, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity) that are necessary for success in today's world.
Students are empowered by pursuing topics of their own interest, trying something new in a safe environment, exercising their minds to find new solutions to old problems, making a creation that demonstrates their learning in all content areas, and simply tap into their natural curiosity about how things work.