What We Do
PTA Council's main roles are:
- to coordinate PTA efforts and programs
- to advocate with a unified voice
- to facilitate communication
- to interface with outside organizations such as the school system administration and town authorities
- to be the liaison for the state and national PTA
- to promote cooperation and sharing of information
- to provide training and support.
Our fourteen PTA Council Committees have been established to perform the work of the Council, especially with respect to coordination and advocacy.
Representatives from the PTA Council's Executive Board also serve on the Greenwich Alliance for Education Board (GAE), the Distinguished Teacher's Award Committee, the Essence Award Committee, and other ad-hoc committees.