Welcome to the Health Office at Central Middle School
Tel: 203-413-8408 Fax: 203-661-2576
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Health Forms and Immunizations are required for all new students registering to attend the Greenwich Public Schools and again as they enter grades 3, 6 and 10. 7th grade students require updated immunization documentation only. Students will not be permitted to attend school without a completed health form on file with the school. For more information go to Health Forms and Immunizations.
It’s Flu Season: The CDC suggests you know the symptoms and take action to prevent its spread.
Influenza (also known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and infects millions every year. The flu is different from a cold. The flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
* It's important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs.
- CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
For more information: Greenwich Public Schools School Health Services