Policy Governance Committee
The Greenwich Board of Education (BOE) is responsible for setting the Policies of the Greenwich Public Schools. Per BOE Policy 9311: "The development of sound educational policies is one of the primary duties of the Board of Education. Policies serve to promote democratic and responsive school governance and constitute a major method by which the Board exercises its leadership. Policies are guides for discretionary administrative action by the Superintendent of Schools and his/her staff." The BOE has established a Policy Governance Committee (PGC) to review and propose policy changes - revisions, amendments, deletions, revisions - and new policies.
Board Policy calls for a minimum of two readings at a public meeting for any new Policy or change to an existing Policy; at one of those two meetings there is an opportunity for public comment.
- PGC Members
- 2021-22 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes
- 2020-21 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes
- 2019-20 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes
- 2018-19 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes
- 2017-18 PGC MEETING SCHEDULE, AGENDAS, MINUTES
- 2016 - 2017 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes
- 2015 - 2016 PGC Meeting Schedule, Agenda, Minutes