Social Emotional Learning Events
Greenwich Public Schools Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Events promote a safe school climate by fostering social-emotional skills in our students and reinforcing the District’s norms: Be Here, Be Safe, Be Honest, Care for Self and Others, Let Go and Move On.
Greenwich Time Article: Keep calm and learn mindfulness, says Greenwich Public Schools
Greenwich Sentinel: Greenwich Public Schools Launch 2016-2017 Social Emotional Learning Events
- January 31 – BE SAFE
- March 3 – LET GO AND MOVE ON
- May 10 – BE HONEST
- September 28 – BE HERE
- November 10 – CARE FOR SELF AND OTHERS
You Are The Key To Safety – Wear Green
This event aims to promote awareness of safety in various situations (e.g., home, school and the community.
Join us on Saturday, February 4th between 11.00am-200pm at the Byram Fire House. Parents and children can:
- Meet and greet the people that keep us safe:
- Firefighters, Police Officers, and Paramedics
- Enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate & cookies
- Explore the fire and GEMS trucks, and police cars
- Get your picture taken and decorate your own frame
- Get safety tips from the experts
- Leave with a great memory
Be Here – BEE Grateful - Wear Yellow
This event aims to promote gratitude, mindful living and effective stress management skills.
Students will take this opportunity to:
- Learn how the brain reacts to stress
- Learn how to manage stress through mindfulness
- Practice being grateful as a stress-management strategy
Join The Chain Of Kindness – Wear Red
This event aims to promote care, kindness, compassion and empathy.