Seamless Summer Learning
The Greenwich Public Schools Seamless Summer Learning program provides access to IXL for math and our first-ever Digital Library collection of titles for summer reading through Overdrive for parents to engage their children in learning for enjoyment, all designed to support prevention of summer learning loss. Whether your child has a school-issued device or is accessing the resources from any web-enabled device, all K-5 students will be able to participate in the programming available for summer learning.
Purpose of a Seamless Summer Learning Experience:
- Access to familiar district digital tools and resources (App or web based)
- Access to a digital library collection of titles to support student choice and "just right" reading level
- Accessible anytime and anywhere
- Participation has the potential to lessen the "summer learning loss"
In an effort to prevent summer learning loss, Greenwich Public Schools is providing acces to IXL, a digital resource providing individualized practice in computation skills and application of Math concepts to problem-solving to all K-8 students this summer. Students can use IXL to review concepts presented during the past year and prepare for Math courses for the upcoming 2016-17 academic year.
Greenwich Public Schools recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of IXL use per week, which will support mastery of 1-2 skills.
IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION (August 23, 2016): IXL access information is has been updated: In preparation for the new school year, Greenwich Public Schools digital resources and subscriptions are being updated. Please advise your student that IXL log ins have been updated for every K-8 GPS student in the district as follows:
User ID: firstnamelastname (using their formal "report card" name e.g. jamestesei, dannelmalloy)passwords: first initial last initial 9 digit student id e.g. jt123456789, dm001012345
Math skills are aligned to the Connecticut Core Math Standards (CCS) by grade level and the following CCS Domains:
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Measurement and Data
Please click on the following links:
- Elementary School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (English)
- Elementary School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (Japanese)
- Elementary School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (Spanish)
- Ratios & Proportional Relationships
- The Number System
- Expressions & Equations
- Statistics & Probability
IXL access information is included in the Seamless Summer Learning through DLE Parent Letter. Please click on the following links:
- Greenwich IXL
- Middle School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (English)
- Middle School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (Japanese)
- Middle School Seamless Summer Learning through DLE (Spanish)
Greenwich High School Summer Work:
- All Algebra, Geometry students (incoming middle school and high school students)
- All GHS Math courses
Summer work is optional and will not be graded. Please follow this link for summer work:
(NEED NEW LINK)