1st and 2nd semester
089105 / 089106 6 Blocks ½ Credit
- Open to juniors and seniors.
- Possess an ‘A’ average in 1 Credit of high school art.
- Submit a written application, which includes a statement of purpose/goals.
- Deadlines are: Jan 11, 2011 for spring 2011 semester, June 10, 2011 for Fall 2011 sememster.
- Pass a portfolio review by the Art Staff.
Minimum number of pieces required:
15-20 for Two-dimensional and Photography,
8 for Three-dimensional
Upon acceptance, the student will enroll in an advanced level art class, participate in after school group activities and critiques, and sign a contract committing to at least 10 hours of independent art work per marking period under the guidance of a mentor art teacher.
All students will be required to attend group meetings including critiques, presentations and field trips. Meetings will be held from 2:30-4:00 and need to be attended for the entire time. Failure to participate will result in the student being withdrawn from Honors Art. The final marking period critique will enable students to share their finished work with the group.
Alumni Day: Alumni visit and share their experience of applying to art schools, college life, and making it as professionals in the art field.