Resources for Transdisciplinary Learning : A Webquest
Essential Question - Task - Process -
Graphic Organizers - Lesson Plan Resources - Multimedia - RubricsEssential Questions:
Do the resources in my Unit Plan enhance my
students' understanding of important concepts, support higher-order
thinking skills and develop students' lifelong learning skills?Essential
Does the technology enhance my student's creativity and
understanding of the design process by supporting and developing the
students' planning, collaboration, and communication skills?
Task: Review the CTUP form (Collaborative Transdisciplinary Unit Planning), determine literacy, technology and instructional plan needs to ensure student understanding.
- Use one of the graphic organizers to brainstorm and plan the resources.
- Determine the best tools to find appropriate books and to create accompanying booklists.
- Choose lesson resources that engage and promote critical thinking, problem solving and higher-order thinking skills.
- Choose high-quality online resources and create a format that makes the resources accessible.
- Choose multimedia resources to enhance lessons.
- Create appropriate rubrics/assessments as formative assessments for the product(s) and processes in the project.
- Use the resources to assist with the research and information fluency process.
Graphic Organizers to Guide Learning (Research Process Steps: Question, Plan, Search, Evaluate, Synthesize)
Graphic Organizers from EduPlace - provides .pdf print outs of the most popular organizers.
Holt Graphic Organizers
Read-Write-Think Organizers - Interactive organizers that support lesson ideas.
Intel Thinking Tools - Visual Ranking Tool, Seeing Reason and Showing Evidence are online organizers that promote higher-order thinking skills.
Graphic Organizers from CAST (Universal Design for Learning)
Use software such as Kidspiration or Inspiration - or just go online to Webspiration.
Planning for Learning Experiences:
Designing Effective Projects: Unit Plans by Grade Level -Intel
Teach to the Future is a complete program for project-based learning
that incorporates essential questions, assessments, and comprehensive
Thinkfinity -Thousands of high-quality resources, unit plans and lesson plans. Includes connections to Read-Write-Think, XPeditions, Science NetLinks, Literacy Network and others.
LearnNC - Lesson plans and teaching strategies, classroom text & multimedia.
WISE - Web-Based Inquiry Science Environment
Plan for Accompanying Multimedia Resources:
Discovery Streaming - Provides
a variety of support materials for inquiry-based projects not limited
to streaming video, interactivity includes a writing prompt builder,
assignment builder and quizmaker. Includes a variety of professional
learning materials. Writing Prompt Example.
-Find multimedia resources for the classroom and professional
development (Register to download, share, and save resources - free).
Digital Library for Earth Science
Teacher Tube - A multimedia/video collection for teachers. Allows for uploads as well as downloads.
Tools to Find Appropriate Books and Create Booklists:
OPAC (Use Follett Destiny from Greenwich Public Schools - will allow temporary booklist as guest sign-in)
Social Networking Sites for Reading:
Tools to Create Rubrics/Assessments:RubiStar
- Create a Rubric, edit an existing rubric, copy it to a word processor, publish it and use it online.
iRubric from rCampus - A new collaborative space for creating, building and assigning rubrics to students.