The Research Cycle Overview
To hand in:
Topic Selection Handout (Word Doc) or Google Doc (Research Cycle Phase: Question)
Preliminary Research Background Info and Timeline (Word Doc) or Google Doc (Research Cycle Phase: Question)
Question Development (Word Doc) or Google Doc (Research Cycle Phase: Question)
Research Questions relating to material from 1st Semester
Research Questions relating to material from 2nd Semester
Research Questions with a modern connection
Research Topics with a modern connection
Guides for Required Sources:
General Reference Sources
Specialized Reference Sources
Primary and Secondary Sources
Guides for Note-Taking:
Guidelines for Note-taking
Note Card Directions
Note-taking Template Document
Note-taking using Noodle Tools
Guides for creating Works Cited lists:
Citation Guide (Planner)
Works Cited using Noodle Tools
Creating an Annotated Bibliography
Chicago Style Citation Guide
- In another window or tab, log into your GHS Google Docs account and upload the final draft of your Sophomore Research Paper.
- Name this file "Your Last Name - SRP - 2012" (2012 = year you completed the assignment).
- Click Share. Under "Who has access," click change and make your document available to "anyone with link." Copy the URL and close the Share box.
- Open the template below.
- Make a copy of the ePortfolio Template in your Google Docs.
- Rename the doc with "your last name - ePortfolio - 2014" (2014 = year of graduation).
- After renaming the document, add your name and year of graduation in the appropriate place on the document.
- In the table, under "Link to Artifact" provide the title of your research paper, the name of your teacher and the date of upload.
- Highlight the title of your paper. Click insert > link. Paste the link to your paper in the box and click ok.
- Share your ePortfolio with your U.S. History teacher and Ms. Waters (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SRP Reflection Directions:
- Open the reflection questions document below.
- Make a copy of the document and rename it - "your last name - SRP Reflection - 2014."
- Complete the questionaire and follow the process outlined above to link this document to your ePortfolio Template.
All documents (including the ePortfolio, SRP and Reflection should be stored in a collection called "ePortfolio" in Google Docs). These documents must be stored for the duration of your high school career. Do not delete any of these documents, as completion of the ePortfolio will be a graduation requirement.
American History Research Paper Guide 2010-2011