BECOME A MEMBER OF THE
2012-2013 OLD GREENWICH PTA
Membership contributions support many programs that benefit our children directly such as:
- Curriculum enrichment activities such as monthly Music on the Menu, author assemblies and workshops, and multiple field trips (see back for last year’s activities);
- Family events including the OGS Talent Show and the Circus performance;
- Before and After School programs such as Afters classes and Early Bird Club;
- Teacher/School Support including Teacher Appreciation Week and Beautification;
- Enhanced communication between the school, families and community;
- Technology upgrades to the school such as Smart Board cameras;
- Capital Improvements including Science Lab equipment, a digital display for the school front hall, a wireless microphone system and outdoor basketball hoops;
- Advocacy at the district level through PTA Council;
- Community outreach efforts such as food drives and sneaker recycling.
Parental financial support is critical to enhance each student’s school experience.
Help us to reach our goal of 100% participation!
Your membership donations provide funding for curriculum enrichment.
Last year’s 2011-12 CURRICULUM ENRICHMENT PROGRAM included:
- Visiting Storyteller
- National Circus Project (with week-long residency and student performance)
- Pascal Rioult Dance Company (with week-long residency and student performance)
- Science including Zoology, Astronomy, and Ecology
- Soundwaters Floating Classroom
- Discovery Museum
- Holly Hill
- Greenwich Point
- Stamford Nature Center
- Historical Sites
- Bush-Holly House
- Van Cortland Manor
- Fairfield Historical Society
- High-Touch / High Tech of CT
- CT Science Center
- New Canaan Nature Center
- Animal Embassy
- Bruce Museum
- GEMS – Greenwich Emergency Medical Service
- Greenwich Police – K-9 Unit visit
- Story Pirates – writing workshop
- Road to the Revolution – historical theater workshop
All School Program
- Music on the Menu – 9 lunchtime musical performances
- Puppet show / storytellers
These programs could not happen without your generous support!
* Parents are required to pay for bus transportation for all field trips in order to have insurance coverage. That is the fee charged when a field trip permission slip is sent home. PTA funds cover all non-transportation costs.