Sports Program at Eastern Middle School
Two separate sports programs are available for all students attending Eastern this year: Competitive Sports and Intramurals.
- Commitment: 3-4 days a week – practice and games.
- Play other middle schools in town (public and private).
- Practice and games start directly after school and can go until 5:30pm.
- You must provide your own transportation home daily.
- You must try out to make a competitive team.
BOYS A & B SOCCER, GIRLS SOCCER, & FIELD HOCKEY
September – November
BASKETBALL A & B TEAMS (both girls and boys)
December – February
BASEBALL/SOFTBALL & TRACK & FIELD
Plan ahead and make sure you have all your forms up to date. You are eligible to try out if: 1) A current sports physical is
on file with the nurse (the physical is considered current for 13
months from the date it was issued ) and 2) and a completed Baseball/Softball/Track Competitive Tryout form is on file in the main office with Mrs. Gittens. (Click on Athletic Forms (left) to obtain a copy of these forms.)
Sports are offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
Seasons run approximately 6 weeks in length.
Students attend the days that best fit their schedules.
Time for games are 2:40- 3:45.
Any student is eligible to participate.
Transportation is provided through Eastern's late buses