Go to team info & schedules
Over the past four decades, the Greenwich High School Football program has been one of the most successful football programs in the state of Connecticut. Through the years, the program has produced several county and state championship teams. More importantly, the program has been dedicated to producing young men of character who strive for excellence in all aspects of their lives. It is to this end and with our tradition of excellence in mind that we have developed the following list of characteristics often found in championship-caliber student athletes.
During the off-season, the student-athlete:
- Performs to the best of his ability in the classroom, fully understanding that academics should be the top priority.
- Follows all rules and regulations outlined in the athletic department code of conduct.
- Gives back to his community through community service and volunteer work.
- Understands that all of his actions, either positive or negative, reflect upon his family, school, teammates and coaches.
- Engages in at least one other competitive interscholastic sport.
- Participates in a supervised weight-training program in order to become bigger, faster and stronger.
- Makes every effort to participate in off-season activities, such as seven versus seven league and summer camp aimed at strengthening relationships with his teammates.
Student-athletes can show their strong commitment to the Greenwich Football program by adhering to these guidelines and it is through this commitment that the tradition of Greenwich Football will continue for years to come.
Student-athletes who do not earnestly follow these guidelines will be required to meet with the coaching staff prior to the start of Spring Football in order to explain their lack of commitment, discuss the need for a high level of commitment in a successful program and how to improve their level of commitment moving forward.
CARDINAL QUARTERBACK CLUB
The Cardinal Quarterback Club is dedicated to the tradition and excellence of GHS Football.
Its members are parents, friends and alumni who appreciate
the value of GHS Football in our community.
The parents of the Varsity captains are your primary contacts for the Cardinal Quarterback Club.
Feel free to contact them with questions about any aspect of the football program.
They're here to help!