William S. McKersie, Superintendent of Schools
November 28, 2013
The Superintendent's Thanksgiving Day Message
“What are you thankful for in the Greenwich Public Schools?”
I posed this simple question this week to our school and program leaders. The answers were anonymous. I had planned to create a thematic essay from the responses. However, the answers speak for themselves and deserve to be read as written—without my interpretation.
Stand proud, Greenwich educators! Go into this Thanksgiving Vacation knowing that the leaders of this district deeply value your hard work on behalf of each other and the wonderful students that it is our shared mission to educate.
- I’m thankful for the positive energy of our students. For example, when speaking to a freshman this weekend (on her birthday) she commented on Names Day: “It was a transformative day. My friends and I talked that night about how we want to change and how we want to be on the Names team next year.”
- The students our district has; they challenge and motivate our staff.
- I am thankful for: Loving my job! I love coming to work every day, being a part of a very supportive staff; caring administration; opportunity to grow as an instructional leader in a district that values the development of all.
- I’m thankful for my talented, hardworking and supportive colleagues.
- Awesome students and families! We are collectively raising the children who will change the world.
- Thankful for the talent and dedication of my colleagues in Greenwich.
- I’m thankful for: My incredibly dedicated staff and other colleagues; my amazing students who try to do their best every day.
- I am very thankful to be working and learning among such passionate, intelligent professionals. It is humbling.
- I am thankful for: GPS staff who believe that all children can learn, all children have value and that their job is to serve all children.
- I am thankful for my colleagues in the PPS dept.
- My colleagues; the energy of the students; my ability to help kids.
- Supportive colleagues; 2nd year of the same superintendent (stability).
- I am thankful for the GPS for doing an excellent job in preparing my children for college and world of work.
- My team that I have the pleasure of working with every day.
- Aside from my family and my health, I am thankful for being part of a vital and energetic school system.
- As a Principal, I am thankful for a hard-working staff that consistently goes above and beyond.
- Thankful for: An outstanding staff, students and parents; administrators who care and support our needs; colleagues who are always available to provide support; a rich variety of resources.
- I am thankful for the dedicated and highest quality professionals we have in this District – committed to help all children learn.
- I’m thankful for the hard work and caring attitude of my staff.
- I am thankful the DLE steering committee’s extensive work to support the two phase I DLE 1:1 schools, Riverside and Hamilton Avenue, from this past July to today and moving forward.
- “We’re all in this together” attitude; focus remains on children as the core.
- I am thankful for: all the committed, talented, flexible colleagues and staff that I work with – it’s like a second family.
- Thankful for my many hardworking colleagues that make me better at what I do.
- I am thankful for hard working administrators.
- I am thankful for the wonderful students who enter the school each day with a beautiful smile on their faces, ready to learn.
November 27, 2013, Superintendent's Thanksgiving Day Message
November 12, 2013, The Roots of Excellence
September 26, 2013, Letter to Greenwich Public School Families on our Call to Action and Strategic Focus
September 11, 2013 Letter to Greenwich Public School Families on Safe School Climate
September 3, 2013 Letter to Greenwich Public School Families on Safe School Climate
April 25, 2012, Superintendent of Schools Appointment Announcement
Resume for William S. McKersie (April 2012)