REGULAR SCHOOL YEAR OPEN TO FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Superintendent is authorized to accept children of non-resident employees of the Town of Greenwich on a reduced, differentiated tuition basis for attendance in the Greenwich Schools.
Tuition fees will be recommended by the Superintendent and approved by the Board of Education annually. Admission is dependent on space available and must not require additional staff. Such admissions must be reviewed by the Superintendent annually. It is the intent of the district to maintain continuity in enrollment for these students whenever possible, subject to the conditions listed above.
Staff Members or Town Employees Employed Before the 2014-2015 School Year
Parent submits an application verifying employment and indicating school placement preference (up to three schools).
- Siblings receive priority if there are more applicants than seats available in a particular grade in a particular school
- Staff members may apply for placement through the magnet school lottery at one of the District magnet schools.
- It is important to note that the District faces overcrowding at Cos Cob School, Glenville School, North Mianus School and Eastern Middle School. Requests for placements at these four schools will be considered, but will be difficult to honor.
Staff Members or Town Employees Employed After the 2013-2014 School Year
- Parent submits an application verifying employment and indicating school placement preference (up to three schools).
- Siblings receive priority if there are more applicants than seats available in a particular grade in a particular school.
- Tuition students whose parents were employed by the Town of Greenwich after the 2013-2014 school year:
- Will be placed in schools that are currently underutilized (Old Greenwich, North Street, Parkway, Central Middle School or Western Middle School) or magnet schools (Hamilton Avenue, International School at Dundee, or Julian Curtiss).
- Will not be placed at Cos Cob, Glenville, North Mianus or Eastern Middle School due to overcrowding.
- Elementary tuition students placed at International School at Dundee or Old Greenwich School would have the option of continuing on to Central Middle School or Western Middle School at the end of fifth grade. Eastern Middle School would not be an option due to overcrowding.
Staff members will be notified of the placement of their child by May 1st of the school year prior to admission. In the event that there is a question as to whether or not space is available in the requested school(s), the placement decision may be deferred until August 15th. It is important to note that the determination of space available is at the discretion of the Superintendent and takes into account anticipated enrollment from the residential attendance area.
The Greenwich Public Schools only accepts Tuition Students for non-resident Town of Greenwich and Greenwich Public School employees.