What We Do
The mission of the CMS PTA is to enrich the lives of CMS students and the CMS community. We do this by raising funds through various activities throughout the year. We do this by creating working relationships with our administration, teachers and families. We plan events and activities within the CMS community to empower all families with the knowledge they need to advocate for their children.
We are always looking for help so please consider volunteering! Please consider being part of the PTA.
Here is how you can be involved:
- Friday Facts: Please read them every week. This is the most up to date information from the PTA. The Friday Facts are sent home via email and can also be found on our PTA Friday Facts page. We will list upcoming events, important information, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Membership Drive: Our main goal is participation! School Directories are a benefit of membership, and will only be given to families who donate to the PTA, so don’t delay in filling out the membership form! Check out the wonderful Membership incentive items we added this year. No amount is too small!
- Attend PTA Meetings: There are six PTA meetings during the school year. This is a great way to meet other parents, stay up to date with upcoming events and learn about PTA volunteer opportunities. A schedule of PTA Meetings can be found below.
- Attend the Fall Fling: This year our popular “Fall Fling” is back! Save the date for our annual Parent get together at the Water Club, Thursday, October 20th from 7-9pm with complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
- Wish List Form: You can support our school and students by donating to the CMS Wish List! You can print out a copy of a Wish List form and turn it into the office or go to our CMS PTA Store to donate online.
- Cougar Store: Cougar Spiritwear is trending, time to start spending. If you wanna be cool, buy Cougar Spiritwear to support your school! Please visit the CMS PTA Store if you would like to check out this year's inventory.
We welcome your questions, ideas and suggestions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time during the year. The best way to reach us is via email at email@example.com.
Wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead!
Leila Marin & Stephanie Cowie
CMS PTA Co-Presidents 2016-17
All meetings take place on Thursday Unless Otherwise Noted
- September 15, 9:00 am Volunteer Coffee, 10:00 am Membership Meeting
- November 10, 6:00pm Membership Meeting
- January TBD, 6:00pm Membership Meeting, 6:30pm Parent University
- March 15, 6:00pm Membership Meeting
- May 18, 9:00am Membership Meeting (vote on Executive Board slate/approve budget)
- June 7 9:00 am Volunteer Thank You Coffee and Committee Handover